Thursday, December 11, 2008

12 More Days

This semester has flown by. It feels like just yesterday I was moving into my room, still amazed that I was in China. It's a crazy feeling too. I know I'm going to miss China. A lot. And I'm going to miss Shanghai, and big city life. And excitement. And my friends. I've made some wonderful friends here. But all is well. Right now, I'm hoping to return to Shanghai for Spring Break on a pass. My ultimate goal is to go for less than 100 USD, which would be cool. And also, a lot of my friends are from Minneapolis, so I will probably go visit this summer. But still, I will miss China. It will be strange to have to drive everywhere. And to not walk. And probably the first time I am in a public space by myself, I will be creeped out. And everything is going to be so expensive. "That meal was 150 Kuai! For a burger from Chili's!"

But it will be good to see my family. And my new nephew. And it will be good to have Christmas breakfast, with little smokies and angel biscuits. And then to see my friends. And to have a burrito. From Chipotle. And to have clothes that smell good when they come from the dryer.

But I will return, someday. At least that's my new dream. I haven't had a life goal since high school, which was "Go to college". Now it is "Go to China."

1 comment:

the vanderveer's: said...

i posted a pic just for you on our blog so check it out...can't wait to see you!